Now, as anyone who follows me knows, I like a good list so here are my Top 5 shows and some notable contributors...
1. LA SOIREE - Led by Captain Frodo and The English Gents with a plethora of superhuman individuals this is like The Avengers of Fringe shows.
2. THE ONE BY JEFFREY JAY FOWLER - My tip for the Martin Sims Award for best local production.
3. WHEN HE GETS THAT WAY - The unexpected gem of my festival experience with a cracking script and a duo of great performances.
4. WRONG DIRECTION - The raucous boy band pisstake that was so wrong it was oh so right.
5. A HOT HARLEM ROMP - Powered by a white hot jazz band this had style to burn.
There were many fine performances but a few in particular that caught my eye...
GEORGIA KING - Terrific in The One playing a woman aghast at the prospect of marriage and all its ramifications.
JEFFREY JAY FOWLER - While I wasn't as big a fan of Price Tag, that play, The One and a reprise of Fag/Stag mark Fowler as a significant writing presence at this year's Fringe.
Lisa Louttit - a wonderfully calibrated comic performance in When He Gets That Way.
Lucy Ross - her rendition of Amazing Grace alone blew the doors off The Brisbane in her very funny musical Guess Who's Coming To Dinner.
Kimberley Harris (as Kimberley Diane) - excelled in a thoroughly charming one person show about chasing your dreams.
Mark Storen - added significant musical chops in The One as well as being a terrific counterpoint to King.
*originally published at facebook.com/perththeatrereviews